Tuesday 12 May 2020

The Theatre

Blog 17 – 2.6 Challenge – 26 blog posts over 26 days…

Back in march I went to see an audio described performance of The Book of Moorman at the Birmingham Hippodrome. Going to the theatre is an activity that I like to do on a regular basis. I prefer to see audio described shows where possible ensuring that I don’t miss out on the action. However, if I really want to see a show and it is local then I will go along anyway and still have a good time. I tend to be drawn more towards musicals although dramas can be entertaining too. I find myself often checking the Vocaleyes website for upcoming audio described performances, keen to fill up my diary. I have seen numerous shows over the years and my favourites on multiple occasions. There are still an array of shows I am desperate to see.

I was looking forward to seeing Phantom of the Opera at the end of March and Six next month. Both shows were being audio described at my local theatre, The Curve. I have tickets for the Wizard of Oz at the end of November. Our social lives have been placed on hold for now. When it is safe, I thoroughly recommend seeing the below-

1. Cats
2. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
3. Blood Brothers
4. War Horse
5. Chicago
6. The Lion King
7. Sister Act
8. The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole – The Musical
9. The Mousetrap
10. Avenue Q

I am taking part in the 2.6 Challenge to help save our UK charities. If you enjoyed my blog post or are feeling generous please consider donating as little as £1 to support my chosen charities: The Norrie Disease Foundation, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Look UK, RNIB and Girl Guiding UK. You can find my fundraising page by clicking here

Thank you and stay safe x




No comments: