Thursday 21 May 2020

The Finish Line

Blog 26 – 2.6 Challenge – 26 blog posts over 26 days…

Hooray this is my final post for the 2.6 Challenge. The writing marathon has come to an end. It has been a good experience overall. I have managed to write about a lot of subjects that I have been meaning to for a long time. It has been interesting how on some days I planned to write about one topic but then the blog has evolved into something else. There were a few late nights that displeased me. However, it has proved to me that if I really want to blog about something I am able to make the time.

I am not sure how many people have actually read my posts. Though the one great thing about written text is that it is there to access at any point. I hope people have found the content varied and interesting. I mainly write for myself and if someone finds a post useful or entertaining it is a bonus. On some days I wasn’t sure what to write about, on others I found it hard to find the right words. Having a daily deadline meant I couldn’t keep redrafting and posts weren’t always as polished as I would have liked. Nevertheless, I made a commitment and stuck to it. I’m pretty proud of that. It has been some years since my blog was filled with so much content. Funnily there are still posts I wish to write.

According to my fundraising page I have raised £72.86 to date. I know when split 5 ways that isn’t much per charity. However, I have tried to do my bit. I’m super grateful to everyone who has supported this challenge and donated. If you are stumbling across this post a few weeks or few months on, there might still be time to donate as fundraising pages stay open for a while afterwards. Every donation I receive makes me smile and means a lot to my chosen charities.

I took part in the 2.6 Challenge to help save our UK charities. If you enjoyed my blog posts or are feeling generous please consider donating as little as £1 to support my chosen charities: The Norrie Disease Foundation, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Look UK, RNIB and Girl Guiding UK. You can find my fundraising page by clicking here

Thank you and stay safe x



No comments: