Sunday 17 May 2020

A Day in the Life

Blog 22 – 2.6 Challenge – 26 blog posts over 26 days…

I’m going to be honest, I don’t know what I want to blog about today. Well I do, the plan was to talk food. I just can’t figure out where to start with it. Writer’s block. Instead of torturing myself, I am going to leave that post for another day.

Since my mind isn’t firing on all cylinders I’m simply going to write about my day. I’m sitting in my garden absorbing the sunshine. This is one of my favourite pastimes and is making me crave a holiday. Without fail I go on at least one beach holiday per year. In fact last May I was in Majorca. I was due to go to Turkey last October, but the collapse of Thomas Cook meant our holiday was cancelled. I’m definitely ready to feel the sand between my toes and to listen to the soothing sounds of the waves lapping the shore. I wish I lived closer to the coast. Grumble, grumble.

I have a very good internal clock and naturally wake up around 6.45 each morning. This is also the time my heating clicks on. I spend the boys, feed the boys and then sit down to BBC Breakfast with a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea. reading that back I sound very middle aged!

For the last few days I haven’t been getting out with Riley until the early evening. So I promised him a morning walk today. We tackled one of our new routes and I think it is the best we have done it. I didn’t have to remove too many slobbery sticks from Riley’s mouth and we didn’t drift off track too much. I have noticed morning walkers, joggers and cyclists are friendlier than the afternoon and evening folk. We received numerous greetings and people actively cleared the way for us to ensure social distancing was being observed. This makes a walk much more pleasant.

A 75 minute walk did nothing to tire Riley out and he was full of beans on our return. He played frantically with Calvin and did some crazy running around the garden. I’m not sure what Riley’s issue is but he rarely steps foot on to the grass in the garden. When I wanted to groom him on the grass the other day you would have thought I was trying to pull him off the edge of a cliff.

Before lunch I had my daily chat with my mum. She likes to tell me about every second of her day and night so our phone calls are often quite lengthy. When she takes a half breath I am able to get in and share the happenings from my end. She reads my blog and I know will laugh at the mentioning of her monologues. We have a very close relationship.

Since lunch I have been listening to The History of Bees by Maja Lunde. I only started it yesterday and need to finish it in time for book club on Wednesday night. We used to meet at a different pub each month to discuss the latest book choice. Now we are meeting via Zoom. There are 7 of us in the group and we take it in turns to choose a book. Last month was my choice and I chose The Friend by Dorothy Koomson. I am known for my harsh reviews. Whilst I don’t always love the book choice I like reading books I never would have picked.

After posting this blog I am going to work out in our home gym before dinner and Netflix. I am really hoping Riverdale has an exciting climax. The show is so bad that it is good.

I am taking part in the 2.6 Challenge to help save our UK charities. If you enjoyed my blog post or are feeling generous please consider donating as little as £1 to support my chosen charities: The Norrie Disease Foundation, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Look UK, RNIB and Girl Guiding UK. You can find my fundraising page by clicking here

Thank you and stay safe x


No comments: