Saturday 1 November 2008

One Step Closer

I got a voicemail on my mobile this morning and have been told that I have been chosen for the second selection weekend. So basically if I get through this I will be put on the Paralympic Fast Track Power Programme. However, the camp is running from November 14th – 16th, which is when I was meant to be going to Teignmouth with some VI friends. I’m really really gutted that I can’t go. I don’t have a social life as it is and the weekend would have been really enjoyable for me.

Anyway, getting on a Paralympic Programme is something that is very important to me. I would love to have a proper coach and training regime. I’ve found already that I’m struggling to do it myself at the moment. I have no idea about technical stuff, such as posture; stride length and what exactly I should do to improve.

Fingers crossed that I get through!

No comments: