Tuesday 31 March 2009

Ice Ice Baby!

First of all my interview on Thursday didn’t go too well. The test was ok, but quite long and intense. However, the actual interview was tough. Considering it was just a clerical assistant post they asked questions, such as do you have experience in training others? They had interviewed 6 people prior to me, so it’s very unlikely I will get the job.

On Friday I went to Blackpool with 6 friends and came home last night. My friends included Amy, Cara and then 4 lads. It was one of those £9.50 holidays from The Sun newspaper.

Since it was so cheap it wasn’t likely we were going to stay in a 5 star hotel and had a lovely icebox, I mean caravan to stay in. God I’ve never been so cold in my life! Thermals, vest top, long sleeved top and big jumpers still left me freezing!

We went to Pleasure Beach on Saturday and apart from the weather being Baltic it was quite good. The first ride we went on was the Pepsi Max that I didn’t realise until I got to the front of the queue that it was the ‘fastest in Europe’ and ‘a real vertical reality’! I don’t do upside down rides, but this roller coaster kept going up and up and up and up and up and up! Oh how I screamed! My favourite ride was the big Dipper that was built in the 1920s.

After the boys got drunk on Saturday night there was little movement on Sunday and we magically lost an hour with the clocks changing. British Summer Time has officially begun! So what better way to celebrate than go to the beach! Cara was dressed for summer, but I had my 10 thousand layers on and still shivered constantly!

Yesterday, before the long journey home we went back to the centre of Blackpool. Amy wanted to go to the Sea Life Centre, so I accompanied her so she could get my disabled discount. As we walked past the various tanks Amy described the different species that swam within. Some sounded ugly, others pretty and some interesting. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to stroke a shark or swim with the stingrays, so I honestly found it a tad boring! It was warm inside though, so I didn’t mind paying for that!

Overall, it was a good weekend. There were times when the boys picked on me for being blind, such as it will be really funny if we swap Selina’s drink and she won’t notice, but what can I say I’m an easy target.

No comments: