Thursday 3 November 2011

300 Days To Go!

300 days to go until the London 2012 Paralympic Games, the time is really ticking now. My preparations have had a drastic shake up, but fingers crossed it’s all for the best in the end.

I now have three guide runners, yes three, as I can’t bear to be in the usual predicament of being left solo for a few weeks. This way, if one or two don’t work out, then I’ll still be ok, still can train and still feel like I’m on track. However, fitting three guide runners in a week has increased my training sessions, but this can only be a good thing long term.

All this extra training and guide runners cost money, so I was relieved to discover that I had been nominated for a Sports Aid Award for the third year running by UK Athletics. Inspire Leicestershire, who are basically in charge of making sure Leicester makes the most of the Olympics and Paralympics have also been searching for funding opportunities for me. Here is the article published on their website and sent to their media partners:

Article on Request for Funding

From this, I was contacted by a local primary school who are going to fundraise for me, which I’m so incredibly grateful and touched by. It will be brilliant to get the kids excited about Paralympic sport, enhance their awareness of disability and hopefully make them feel proud that they have supported a local athlete to a once in a lifetime event.

I’ve been a bit down for a while, but I’m so glad that things are looking up!

The future’s bright, the future’s London 2012!

No comments: