Thursday 30 June 2011

June Injuries

I wonder when you’re an athlete, pushing your body to the limit day in day out, whether or not it is possible to ever be injury free.

Ankle – had a follow up appointment with the sports doctor after the injection I had back in March. The regular ankle pain has returned, but it hasn’t stopped me from running. The sports doctor suggested surgery, implying that I would be out for 6 to 8 months, a ridiculous suggestion if you ask me for bearable discomfort! I’ll wait and see what his letter says.
Shins – a cause for celebration, as they are practically cured. The orthotics seem to have done the job.
Calf – well not my calf, but sort of apparently the muscle is called your perennials or something similar, nothing to do with plants! Well that muscle is extra tight and difficult to loosen off, which has resulted in some locking of my ankle reducing movement.
Achilles – Some discomfort has returned due to the above, as it has been too painful to do my rehab work.

You don’t always get what you wish for, you get what you work for!

No comments: