Friday 24 October 2008

Shout!

Last night I went to the theatre with my mum, dad and brother to see Shout, which is a 'swinging 60s musical'. I really enjoyed the show that had Claire Sweenie and Sue Pollard starring in it. I was quite surprised that I knew most of the songs including; Down Town, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me and of course Shout! It took you through the decade and I found it very comical.

It always astonishes me at the theatre how talented the cast are. I mean they can sing fantastically, act amazingly and dance incredibly! I never fail to envy them, as I love to perform too. However, I'm not the best singer, strongest actor or most dazzling dancer. I give it a good go though! It's a shame though, as the West End isn't really designed for the visually impaired to participate.

Although I have no useful vision now I still force my family to sit near the front. It makes me feel more a part of the action and the flashy lights keep me focussed. Occasionally I convince myself that I can se their shadows moving too, but I'm fairly certain that's just an illusion!

No comments: