Sunday 26 April 2020

2.6 Challenge

Blog 1- 2.6 Challenge – 26 blog posts over 26 days…

I have decided to sign up to the 2.6 Challenge to help save our UK charities. It is an initiative set up by the London marathon organisers who are challenging 2.6 million people to raise £26.20 each by partaking in a challenge relating to 2.6 or 26 in order to make up the millions of pounds that will be lost by the cancelation of everyday fundraising events.

In an ideal world I would have liked to have been able to fundraise for all charities since every charity does amazing work. However, it is only possible to select 5 charities. So I have chosen The Norrie Disease Foundation, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Look UK, RNIB and Girl Guiding UK. These have all been selected as they are important to me and my wellbeing. Also, by choosing these charities they will all be eligible for a donation from The Charities Aid Foundation who will be distributing funds from the 2.6 Challenge where people have made a general donation.

For the challenge I am going to write 26 blog posts over 26 days kicking off today Sunday 26 April. This is possibly cheating a little, but this is the first blog post. I have been blogging since 2008. There are so many topics and life events that I crave to write about yet always fail to find the time. For 26 days at least this is going to change.

I know times are tough. If you could spare a few pounds to help save our UK charities it would be much appreciated. They all do such fantastic work and need our support more than ever.

Please consider donating as little as £1 to help save our UK charities. You can find my fundraising page by clicking here

Thank you and stay safe x

No comments: