Monday 31 December 2012

Grease

Yesterday I went to see Grease the musical at the theatre. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to go or not, I love the film, but had previously seen it in the West End and remember not really enjoying it. My mum got me tickets for Christmas, probably because I kept going on about it, but I am glad she did!

The cast were excellent on the whole, although the actor playing Danny had a very odd tone to his voice, which I am not sure worked. The singing was faultless and the energy they created was immense. There were obviously some adaptations from the film, I especially liked the changing of the ‘blue moon’ lyrics to ‘moony’.

I definitely recommend people going to see it, although it’s a risky business interpreting such a classic.

Grease is the word

1 comment:

Will said...

I thought the musical came firat