Wednesday 15 April 2009

Do Something Good Today

You may have remembered last year that I raised nearly £200 for Guide Dogs by doing a Blind Drive Challenge. This year I’m doing two fundraising events and I hope you’ll be generous in your donations.

Firstly, I’m doing Race for Life for Cancer research UK. That means I have to run 5km on 12th July at Western Park. I don’t think there are any of us who don’t know someone affected by this life-threatening disease. Personally, my next-door neighbour, auntie and currently my best friend’s boyfriend’s mum is battling the illness. So please dig deep and together we can beat Cancer. You can sponsor me online at: My Race For Life Sponsorship Page

The second event I’m doing is the Adidas Women’s 5km Challenge on September 6th in London’s Hyde Park. I’m raising money for British Blind Sport who you must all realise is a very important charity to me. I feel incredibly passionate about the participation of visually impaired people accessing sport. Without BBS I would have never gotten this far with my athletics, as they introduced me to Sheila Carey who coaches me. I would have never of discovered goalball and had the opportunity to compete in competitions and I would have never had the chance to read their magazine Target that features so many blind and partially sighted people enjoying and accessing sport. Unlike Cancer Research UK BBS is a small charity and is suffering badly since the recession. I’d hate for them to have to fold and as a result hundreds of visually impaired people not having the chance to be apart of sport. I love it and would be lost without it.

British Blind Sport is the charity I would like to raise more money for, but all donations are much appreciated. You can sponsor me and support BBS at: My British Blind Sport Sponsorship Page

I want to raise £50 for Cancer Research UK and £200 for BBS. Since I’m a sprinter attempting to run 5km is a big challenge for me. Oh and since I’m competitive you just know I’m not going to be happy unless I beat my time when I run the second 5km! Seriously, please spare one or both charities if you can a few quid and change lives!

Thanking you in advance!

No comments: