Monday 5 August 2013

First Class

I started my degree with The Open University when I was 21, the year most of my friends graduated. It took me 4 years to complete a BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature. Despite being late to the party, I am glad that I did it. I never expected to actually get a First Class degree! I don’t know if it sounds boastful of me to say, but I feel like I deserve the grade. I have always been regarded as an intelligent individual, but cleverness has never come naturally to me. My ethos with anything is to continuously work hard and you will be rewarded in the long term. Ok, enough with my attempt to be modest since I am clearly failing. I am amazing! I don’t usually play on my disability however, on this occasion I am not ashamed to say to achieve a First as a non-disabled person is excellent, but to achieve one after gradually losing your sight is simply exceptional! I am so so so proud of myself!

EA300 Children’s Literature module results:
TMA 01 – 75%
TMA 02 – 82%
TMA 03 – 85%
TMA 04 – 85%
TMA 05 – 85%
TMA 06 – 80%
OCAs – 82%
EMA – 86%
Overall – Distinction
Degree Classification – First Class Honours BA (Hons) English Language and Literature

My graduation is on 20 September in London!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's amazing! Well done. I remember you being so unsure if you would do the degree in the beginning, and then to get a result like that is incredible.

Unknown said...

Hi, I stumbled across your page whilst searching 'EA300'. I'm currently about to start that module alongside E301 and I was just wondering whether you have any assignments that you'd like to share? Your results have been amazing and I've read a few of your posts and you seem so inspirational. I got two grade 3 passes at level 2 and I need two distinctions at level 3 to gain a First Class degree. The pressure is on, but looking at some examples might help!!