Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fingers Crossed

Today, at UK Athletics they’ll be discussing which athletes will be given funding for next year. This year I received Sports Aid funding and I’m hoping for the same financial support next year. At the beginning of the season the aim was to get on to the World Class Performance Programme, but due to my guide runner issues, lack of competition and injury I’m fairly certain I haven’t met the standards.

A few weeks ago I sent a letter to UKA explaining my disastrous year and where I’m at now. I can only hope they will be understanding and still recognise the potential I believe I have, to make it on a world stage.

I don’t think I’ll hear the outcome today, but hopefully over the next week. My current situation with training is that we’re working on building up the strength in my ankle, although it appears strong when tested. I’ve had it strapped up for the past week and a half and will continue to do so until I’m pain free and sprinting again!

No comments: