Sunday 29 August 2010

The Countdown Begins

Today marks 2 years to go until the official opening ceremony of the 2012 London Paralympic Games! Of course it’s my dream to be there and participating, but that will require allot of dedication between now and then, which I’m willing to give!

To kick off the countdown a series of programmes are being shown on Channel 4 who have won the television rights for the games. It all started yesterday with ‘That Paralympic Show’, which will be on for the next 10 weeks. The aim of the show is to introduce the public to Paralympic sports and athletes. Tonight, there is a documentary called Inside Incredible Athletes at 9pm. It features 7 Paralympic hopefuls, including the blade runner, Oscar Pistorious and amputee Stefanie Reid who I’ve raced earlier this year. On a visually impaired front, Dave Clark from England’s blind 5 aside football team is also on the programme.

Regarding my plans for the next 2 years, I’m going to do everything I can to get there. Next Wednesday, I finally have an MRI scan booked for my ankle that I sprained back in February. The results of that will determine whether I compete in one more competition this year and winter training preparations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BS”D

I am crossing my fingers for you Selina and I hope your dream will become true!!