Sunday 19 August 2012

London 2012 Olympics

I have to admit building up to the Olympics, I was getting sick and tired of hearing about it, but as soon as it began I was hooked! I firmly feel that London did indeed deliver and Team GB did so too.

I found the opening ceremony a bit random in parts, I’m not sure I understood it entirely never mind the rest of the world. I do love the entrance of all of the participating countries and hearing about places you never knew existed. Since there was no athletics until the second week of the games, I found myself engrossed in the swimming, rowing and cycling, sports I never usually care for.

On Friday 3 August the athletics started and my family and I were lucky enough to have tickets for the morning action. We were completely the opposite side to the 100m straight, but placed quite nicely by the high jump and to the right of the 400m start/finish. We saw the likes of Jess ennis, Dai Green and Christine Ohuruogu who all received amazing receptions when introduced to the crowd. Some people may not find heats interesting to watch, but I think I could have lived there every single day, as the atmosphere and action was just epic.

Come the closing ceremony it was quite sad it all came to an end so fast, although the one off appearance by the Spice Girls was pretty special, a real hair brush moment!

65 medals for Team GB, third in the medal table, amazing! There were so many memorable moments, I would be here all day writing, so I won’t bother this time.

Run faster, jump higher, be stronger!

No comments: